I’ve been pretty absent from my blog for a while. To be honest, I haven’t had much to write about. Well, that’s not necessarily true. Let me rephrase: a lot has been going on in our life, but I haven’t been sure of how to write about it or I wanted to write about it. I also think that I feel like I have to have things figured out to write about them, and lately I just don’t feel on top of anything.
But writing is good for me. When I’m in a good headspace, I write; and when I write I’m in a good headspace. I want to treat it as a discipline, to write regularly, and not just wait until I have something profound to say, or something exciting to share. I’m just going to write.
In the past 6 months:
- John has experienced some work-place changes and is now working in a different position that is better for him and our family because it doesn’t require him to be away from home working at site.
- Porter turned 6 and Wyatt turned 4.
- We had an uneventful summer, where we mostly stayed home but went camping once or twice.
- We had an uneventful fall where we officially began homeschooling Porter for grade 1.
- We reorganized our basement around some new bookshelves and a desk to make it a more home school-friendly area.
Sounds super exciting, I know.
I’ll be back soon.